Thursday, August 25, 2011

The End of Summer

Summer in Montana is serious and short. When the Beartooth Pass opens up June something'th and the leaves start turning in late July, you have to be quick about it. Today was the true mark of the end of summer for me:

Lonely trampoline.

the kids have gone back to school.

It's not my favorite day of the year. I would like about one more month to fill with all the summer activities--and inactivity--that I wish we'd done. But to be honest, at the end of that month I'd just want another.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture! The part of me that is looking forward to getting our house finished and moved into is glad the kids are back in school. The part of me that wishes the kids and I had done more before school started, wishes we had another month.

    ReplyDelete