Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leap Day Proposal

A little prickly, mostly beautiful.
My husband called early this morning. "Did you know that Leap Day is the day women used to propose to men?" he said. "I just thought that was interesting."

Me: "Hey, you wanna get married?"

Husband: "Sure. What'll it cost me?"

My mind flashes back to what things were like before we got married, before the kids, before the house, business, and so much more.

Me: "A lot. More than you can imagine. You have to get rid of your motorcycle, and you'll never get to go to Vegas anymore."

Husband: "Hmm. Well, that was so long ago, I don't even think about that stuff. Do I get to go fishing once in a while?"

Me: "Yes."

Husband: "Then I'm sure it'll all work out."

How true...and worth asking for.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cynthia, I followed you over from Karin's blog site. She listed you and your site as one of her "work you want to watch" in her "The Next Best Thing" post.
    Your post made my eyes water! I love the part about still being able to go fishing. My Dad and Mom celebrated their 60th anniversary and as long as Mom could sew and Dad could fish, all was right with the world!

    ReplyDelete